Cloud accounting has never been more important than it is today. With many businesses forced to close their offices, software was more easily accessible via ‘The Cloud’.
What is the Cloud?
The Cloud refers to internet based software which is accessible anywhere you have an internet connection. This means that your records are easily accessible no matter where you are or what you are doing. Cloud Accounting Software has been around since the early 2000’s but has become more and more popular with the increase in demand for instant access right at your fingertips. The information stored is encrypted which means it is secure and most Cloud Accounting Software requires double authentication for that extra security to ensure your data is not accessed by anyone else but you.
What are the benefits of Cloud Accounting?
- Easily access your accounts anytime of day from anywhere with an internet connection
- Access to your accounts in ‘real time’
- Integrations from third party software, such as live bank feeds and paperless accounts
- Share data with your team, clients, bookkeeper and accountant securely
- Automation - reducing your workload and reducing your time spent on your accounts
- MTD compliancy
- Cash flow forecasting
- Clear reconciliation of your accounts
For us the benefits of cloud accounting hugely outweighs desktop accountancy software. We believe in investing in software which grows with your business and Cloud Accounting does just that.
There is a range of cloud accounting software to choose from but here at Clear Bookkeeping Ltd we solely use Xero. We find Xero to be the most efficient for us and our clients and we are Silver partners. We use Dext alongside Xero so that no expenses are missed and your accounts are streamlined and efficient.
For more information about how having a bookkeeper who uses Cloud Accounting can benefit you please get in touch.